Sunday, September 6, 2009

Diet madness.


I am a naturally thin person. But lately I'm thinking maybe this isn't enough.
Maybe I too should be dieting. After all it's all I see on TV. One diet plan ad after the next. It's all I read in magazines, how to get thin in 3 days, how be a size 0 (which for me is the size of an open mouth starving), ad after ad of emaciated women who look like 12 year old girls, followed by an article on self worth.

Now I've never been tempted to try any of these diets, firstly because I love my food too much. Secondly, if I had to starve enough to squeeze into a skinny jean I'd have zero boobs left. Zero boobs and no hips. My husband would be able to take me to any restaurant in the Village with rainbow pride. And thirdly I have daughters I'm trying to set an example for.

But today I did come across an article I feel could work for me. True I'm only going to take from the article the parts I want to. But that's my prerogative.
I've posted the article below. Read it now then you can read the rest of my blog. Or, you can read the rest of my blog and then read the article and it'll be like that movie Memento. But in blog form. It would be Blogento.

I am personally testing this theory by having a tub of Cherry Garcia while sitting on my couch. I plan on doing no exercise today bar lifting the remote control. I'm doing this in the name of science of course. I weighed myself this morning. I shall weigh myself tonight. And if the weight is the same I shall never exert myself again. I shall get wobbly, and floppy and will become a large, throbbing target for the heart attack reaper but by God, I shall be thin.

Why Exercise Won\'t Make You Thin

No comments:

Post a Comment