Saturday, August 29, 2009

RIP DJ AM


When Michael Jackson died I was sad. But it was a nostalgic sad, a moonwalk down memory lane for the man he used to be. Farrah Fawcett, I was moved by her struggle but really didn’t have an emotional connection to her. I didn’t see Charlie’s Angels. But the news of DJ AM’s death has really shocked and moved me.

I am not a fan/groupie/stalker of his, I wouldn’t recognize his music or style, but because I am an avid reader of the celeb mags (It’s all I can get in with the kids you understand, my husband buys them for me, okay, okay, I love them and would rather read one over War and Peace any day. You can put down that water-board now.) I know his life story, and that’s what’s making this so hard.

Adam Goldstein (DJ AM) had a huge drug addiction. He overcame and survived that.
He was massively overweight, had stomach surgery to lose the weight and did.
He dated Nicole Richie and survived that.
Then in 2008 he actually survived a plane crash that killed everyone else on board except for himself and Travis Barker.
The man was clearly a survivor. And yet….

It’s just too sad for any more words.

On a lighter pop culture note Noel Gallagher has left Oasis after a fall-out with his brother. Does anyone really give a fuck?

1 comment: